Sunday, October 15, 2006

So much for our usual reversal of gender roles

While Heather was out having her engagement high, I was playing host to my favorite man-beast. Somehow during his visit, Dennis never touched a single piece of cooking equipment. I was in charge of making mozzarella sticks, muffins, pizza, and pancakes, he was in charge of paying for stuff and saying "yes, dear."
Visiting made him think more seriously about transferring to the Starkville Lowes, getting an apartment, and taking classes somewhere to get his business degree. Then he can save up for his bakery or restaurant or whatever kick he's on until I'm finished at State.
I really hated to see the weekend end. It flew by, and I loved every second with Dennis. By the time I'd gotten back to my room after taking him to his car, I couldn't hold it together, I already missed him.
Someone needs to tell me I'm being stupid and girly.

No comments: