Saturday, August 05, 2006

I'm trying to envision this ... OH MY RIBS!!!

The title refers to a selection of my conversation with Dennis last night. It involves two people, a rolling office chair, a pair of roller skates, and a bowl of noodles. Ask if you want to be slightly revulsed and thoroughly amused. If you'd rather not hear details of my (currently non-existant) personal life, leave it alone ...

Okay, so it was definitely one of those odd days at work. First off, I had been given the wrong instructions to turn off the alarm ... so that was fun. A few minutes later, I got a call that the guy who was supposed to open the other store hadn't shown up yet, so I had to find his file and call to find out where he was. His mommy had to wake him up. Things normaled (it's a verb now) out for a while until a customer came in to pick up an order that included a shirt that was formerly blue with white cuffs and collar (now pink cuffs and collar). He handled it remarkably well, though. I've seen much worse. Including a woman who said God would deal with us for "ruining" her "beautiful blue blouse" (i.e. very large, overpriced blue tunic). Normaled out again, then fifteen minutes before I'm supposed to start shutting down, one of our regular customers comes in with an enormous order. I did manage to get her order separated into shirts, pants, etc. Just before I'm about to turn off the computer, I get a call that a customer is coming to pick something up. This guy is CONSTANTLY driving up at the very last minute, if not later than the posted closing time. Of course it can't end there. Another guy was right behind him with a monstrous order to drop off. Monday's gonna be fun!!!
:P

No comments: