Sunday, August 29, 2004

...It Could Be Raining...

Slowly age takes me. I think this has been happening slowly over the past year or two. When you leave your house with the intention of purchasing hygene products (i.e. toothpaste and deodorant) and begin to eat anything edible, you know you are becoming a "young adult." It's a pretty frightening thing. Tasty, but frightening.
So that's what I did today, not only because I needed to restock on toothpaste and deodorant, but also because I needed to break the twenty my dad had given me for food and other necessary expenses. Like my parking permit. Because the cafeteria doesn't like twentys, apparently.
But the day wasn't all mature. No, I showed Whit some of the Weebl cartoons, even the Frenchman (I warned her, but do you guys listen? Nooooo...). Oh, the joys of Kenya, Magical Trevor, and Salad Fingers!
Other than that, I napped, watched some of "When Harry Met Sally," and almost brought a stray dog home with me from church. Except he was gone when I was going to my car. I hope he goes somewhere where he can frolic like a happy, happy animal with floppy Basset-hound ears.
Well, it begins to grow late, not in my world, but in the world of "you have to go to school in the morning." So I will go iron and get ready for bed, so that I may enjoy the finer points of the Anglo-Saxons' impact on modern literature, tricky calculus, learning a tiny bit of Portuguese, and maybe something that has to do with economics. Whee.

2 comments:

Miki said...

Mom's English Toffee Bars Recipe:

2 cups flour, 1 cup packed light brown sugar, 1/2 cup butter (NOT margarine), 1 cup pecan pieces (or a bit more), 1 cup semisweet chips (or more).

Toffee-- 2/3 cup butter, 1/3 cup brown sugar

Preheat 350 degrees
Combine butter, brown sugar, and flour
Press into pan
Melt brown sugar and butter in saucepan
I add a pinch of salt and a shot of vanilla-your call
Pour over crust
Sprinkle chips on top as soon as you remove from oven
Let melt a few min. and spread with a spatula
Cool and cut

Have fun baking Mere! Let me know if you need more info and I'll put you in touch with Mom.

Myself said...

Thanks, Miki! I'll copy this onto one of the cute little recipe cards my mom gave me. :)