Thursday, September 14, 2006

Making American history fun for everyone


Okay, so Philadelphia ...
It's big. If you're ever in the area (hey, it could happen), just grab a cheese steak and be sure to wear comfortable walking shoes. Hiking 20 blocks in heels is a bad idea.
So Tuesday night, while my roommates were taking a side trip to New York - and no, I didn't want to pay $40 and sit on a bus for five hours to be able to walk around Times Square for a little while - I found a group going to a nice local Italian restaurant. I mean frou-frou. We were fortunate enough to schedule our trip during Restaurant Week. Three courses of enviably delicious food for $30 at a bunch of nice restaurants.
I told Dennis about my meal - grilled calimari, ribbon pasta with sauteed rabbit in red wine sauce, and cheesecake drizzled with strawberry sauce - and his response was "I hate you, absolutely hate you :p I've always wanted to try rabbit,
good choices on the food, I'm having an effect on you."
Rabbit is tasty.

3 comments:

Heather said...

Frank will avenge his kind.

Was the calamari any good? I generally fidn it too chewy for my tastes.

Myself said...

It was really good, not chewy at all. But I've become a bit of a seafood fiend anyway ...

Anonymous said...

O_o