Wednesday, October 20, 2004

...YO' FACE!!!

Quick post before I wander into my literature book and then to CyHigh.
Two nights ago there was a string of storms that managed to hit just about every county in West Tennessee...except ours.
So yesterday, what do we do? We have some more that pass directly over J-Town, that's what.
So I'm at home with my mom and two brothers (Emily was at school, Squirt was at daycare, Dad was in Selmer...) and the alarm and sirens and news alert thingies go off.
And I'm like, "I'm not gonna get Emily." Smart me :)
So I'm keeping an eye on the TV, listening to Gary Perkins getting choked up about the good job the school system did with the elementary school lockdown and the bus driver who saved the little kids, and refreshing the radar on the computer every few minutes. Pookie was in the sunroom howling. It's kinda funny. She has to throw her head over her shoulder at an unnatural angle to do this...
We don't love them enough to bring them into the safest part of the house, especially since they'd start a fight or eat Michael >:)
Well, the tornado warning gets extended (woo hoo) until 4:30, so I'm like "I'm still not gonna get Emily." But I did get my phone and have Mom call Dad and tell him not to drive through the tornadoes. Smart me :)
And apparently some of the sirens weren't going off at first. Mom was like, "Isn't Drew's dad in charge of that?" I didn't know. But he is. They called him on the news and we heard the school bus story again.
But anyhoo, eventually it clears up enough for me to drive through the partially flooded streets and retrieve Emily from the school where everyone was camped out in the weight room and the downstairs Spanish room. Sassy Song was apparently being stupid and trying to take a picture of the storm. Sassy's such a freshman!
And everything was more or less okay after that. *curtsey*

No comments: