Tuesday, February 01, 2005

The pineapple is the legendary symbol of hospitality.

UTM is behind me. Strangely, we spent a good deal of time in limbo somewhere between there and Union City. And I saw five hawks during the those two days. I like hawks a little too much.
Libba did an excellent squirrel imitation. Four of us were walking down the highway toward Long John Silver's for supper Friday night, and when we tried to cross this little road, a car came zooming by, and Libba turns about halfway across and scurries back to the side. But we learned that you're asking for trouble when you make jokes about eating Nemo and then run back down the highway to the hotel. Mm hmm. Food poisoning or something. I spent a little time after the Montage concert paying homage to the porcelain god.
Bleh.
But yeah, I came home Saturday afternoon and crashed after saying woo and yay to getting the Phantom of the Opera soundtrack and The Village.
Sunday was spent taking care of Squirt, who seemed to have an ailment not unlike the one I'd experienced Friday. And when I wasn't doing that there was homework. Yech.
However I did get a chance to break away and go see Phantom again. I'm obsessed, it would seem.
But instead of having to turn in my History homework (stayed up much later than I'd prefer finishing it) Monday, we got off onto Thomas Malthus's theory regarding population. And tomorrow we discuss our views over doughnuts and other breakfast finger foods. In case you were wondering, I'm of the opinion that Malthus had a good idea, but it just doesn't work in all instances. Miki, feel free to do some research and discuss. I feel I've already trounced my classmates - my opponent abandoned her stance.
I'm off to browse Goodwill!

No comments: