Friday, February 25, 2005

Having realized that his statement seemed out of place, Quincy quickly formulated an explanation for why he said "I like your panties."

We are masters of circumloqution. I can't spell that word. Unless it's spelled like I have it over there. In which case I can.
Stuff. Okay.
We got our schedule for choral festival:
Friday, March 11, 2005
Madrigal - warm up: 3:15; perform: 3:30; sight reading: 3:45
Women's chorale - " 4:15; " 4:30; " 4:45
Men's chorale - " 5:15; " 5:30; " 5:45
First class - " 6:15; " 6:30; " 6:45
And I got word that I have been added to the madrigal group. Initially the altos in there were Sarah, Jessica, Janelle, and Libba. Now it's me, Libba, and Sarah. This is probably thanks in part to Brandon's list of grievances. Unfortunately he didn't make the group this time around. Lots of politics surrounding this group, though. Everyone in madrigal falls into one or more of these categories:
- seniority - Dustin and I have been working with Mrs. Redding for three years, Lauren, Carmen, Libba, Sarah, and Kevin have been for four.
- blend - the people in the four voice parts have similar tone and style
- talent - everyone made All Northwest and, I believe, All State
- work ethic, attitude, and reliability - this is probably the main factor that put me in and Janelle out. Everyone in the group gets along well with the others, and we have all shown that we take this competition seriously. Janelle is habitually tardy - to class, performances, auditions, even to an All Northwest rehearsal, which disqualified her from trying out for All State.
So I've gotta brush up on that music. Whee.
This is Pam's last weekend in J-Town. It's gonna be weird without her. We've gone out to Starbuck's or Bubba's more times than I care to think about over the past two years. So, as is my custom, I'm mixing a CD for her. And, of course, it's gotta end with the Hampster Dance. Whee! Hampster Dance!

No comments: