Wednesday, February 23, 2005

"..." (Yes, I probably lost the burping game)

Well, since everyone else seems to be on an "I'm leaving and my life will never be the same again" spiel, I figured I'd hop on the bandwagon.
Yes, I'll miss the GWC terribly, even though I only see you guys on major holidays and weekends (except Adri and maybe Greg who are at the choral competitions and whatnot). I'll miss working out via the DDR pad with the girls in their t-shirts and pajama pants (no flirty langerie <--*I can't spell*, guys...sorry!). I'll miss eating all manner of sweets and it doesn't matter because it's a party. I'll miss stopping Jenn or Heather mid-sentence with the infamous "wait, I missed something" and then proceed to have them backtrack and tell their entire story again.
I'll miss giggling at the other girls who sniff Taylor's man-perfume. Taylor, you may smell nice, but I'm too smart to inhale your essence. It causes temporary insanity, and I can't afford to lose any of mine, even for a few seconds.
I'll miss threatening the guys with physical violence if they come too close or make statements that are too off-color. Mainly when they refer to female anatomy.
I'm not sure I'll miss Greg's mini-tyrades so much. But I will miss having another person who likes Project Runway.
I'll miss the creepy Drew look. I won't miss the nudity. Nude soup!
I'll miss standing on my toes to give Adri a hug. Kitty? Where?
I'll miss finding new music for Whit to listen to. I'll miss Winston, who doesn't like anyone, but can tolerate me. I guess because I have a crotchity dog, too. And I'll miss sitting around the morning after a party. On the counters. Or jumping on the trampoline.
I'll miss showing up at Heather's house randomly and everyone's fine with that as long as I remember that I do have my own home. Eventually. I'll miss getting high off of Heather's room. I'll miss hearing subliminal messages from Riki. And the way she can't make a verbal distinction between "tiles" and "towels."
I'll miss howling with Jenn and trading art critiques. Moose!
I'll miss being psychoanalyzed by Miki and hearing about college. I'll BE in college!
I'll miss going to football games for the sole purpose of walking around and talking to my weird friends.
I'll miss going to Bubba's Bagels and getting a muffin. I've only eaten a bagel there once. Otherwise I take one home to eat for breakfast the next day.
I'll miss doing really immature things with my friends and then recounting some of the events to other friends whose eyes have grown steadily wider since the streaking incident. I'll never be able to look at a can of whipped cream again without laughing.
I'll miss losing the burping game. No, I lied. Halleluia! No more burping game!
Okay, you guys have had a lot of room so far. I've gotta get to the rest of Jackson.
I'll miss my family. Almost all of my aunts, uncles, and cousins, and all of my surviving grandparents and my great-grandmother are all located in the Jackson area.
I'll miss Mr. Lee. He's been almost like another father figure. As if I needed any more! For the past four years he has been a great source of encouragement and inspiration.
I'll miss Becca Poe, Becca T, Sarah Johnson, Nicole, Sarah Newman, Jessica Ashley, Katie Freeman, Ali, Kelley, Danny, Libba, Dustin, Kevin, Andrew Nelson, Judson, Rob, Beau, Lauren Lovelace, Jeremy Brown, Andrew (Billy) Tillman, Quincy, Keaton, Francis, Mallory Melton, Leigh, Carmen, Robbie Wright, Hannah Phillips, and the crows at Madison.
I'll miss eating doughnuts in calculus and harassing Sarah Newman and Jessica over the Mu Alpha Theta scrapbook.
I'll miss watching the yearbook staff and the Academic Decathlon team spiral into insanity as deadlines and competitions draw closer.
I'll miss ignoring the morning announcements and hearing Mr. Scott complain about the intercom system.
I'll miss giving Pam obvious answers to questions such as "what are you doing?" Have fun in Hartford, Kentucky, and then at seminary.
I'll miss Dave and Hailey Jackson. And I'll be missing out on watching them navigate the waters of first time parenthood. Good luck, guys.
I'll miss chasing Pookie around the back yard while Lucille stands in the way. Why she's so difficult to convince to come inside at night, I'll never know.
I'll miss the quaint way my school is disintigrating.
I WON'T miss waking up in time to drop my brother off at school and be in class by 7:15.
I might miss seeing the sunrise. If I do, I'll have someone record it for me so I can see it later.
I will miss bubble baths. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Hopefully I'll be able to find some new friends that are either similar to you guys, or interesting enough that I'm constantly distracted and not stuck reminiscing on the strangely entertaining times that were.
*Cheers*

1 comment:

Heather said...

my room has been classified as a halucinagenic. i really oughta post warnings about it- but i find it funnier this way.