Monday, May 08, 2006

Smooth as a velvet child

Whew, it's been a weekend ...
Friday night/Saurday morning was spent with the crew at Brit's apartment, then Waffle House. Slept until noonish Saturday, played WoW, and then got called in to babysit Mr. Pathetic. Just so you all have a fair warning, booze, salvia, and Waffle House (although delicious) does not mix well. At all. Don't do it.
So I got some Chik-fil-a for the two of us, then hung around for a while watching TV. I knew Dennis was feeling better when he decided it was a good time to go to the grocery store for snacks. And then he ate them. And we watched a Sean Connery movie. Always fun.
Went home sometime between midnight and one Sunday morning and decided it was a good time to jump on WoW again. A little before four I'm thinking it's about time to crash, so I get to a stopping point, contemplate taking a shower, decide against it, put on some pajamas and curl up in bed. Less than three minutes later I hear one of the sounds you really don't want to hear at 4:15 a.m. That's right, the fire alarms went off. Spent the next hour outside in the rain (it was unusually cold for May, too) because my keys weren't in my purse. Otherwise I'd so crash in my car.
So 5:15 rolls around and we're allowed back inside. Sleepy time.
Several hours later ...
*ring tone indicating that someone from State is calling me*
*stumbles over to phone*
It's Joseph. Wanting to know if I was with Dennis because he needed to talk to him about cooking out. No, Joseph, I just got up.
*looks at clock*
12:27
Hmm ...
Eventually I make myself presentable enough to go outside. Fun activities today.
Help Dennis jumpstart his car. Twice.
Go to Walgreens and the grocery store. Mmm ... ground beef. Cookin' out on the pigmy grill. Pigmy? Pygmie? ... Very, very small ...
After supper I watched Dennis play some video games, then a movie. I know, so predictable. Whatcha gonna do?
I will get around to asking whether he thinks we can keep something going once we leave (eventually). I mean, he did ask if I'd be able to come over before Thursday. That's gotta be a good sign, right?
*shrug*
Good night, children.

1 comment:

Miki said...

At least you hadn't been in bed for hours when it went off. :-)