Thursday, May 04, 2006

Breaking up less than a month after getting engaged is kind of a bad thing ...

In case anyone didn't know that already.
So yesterday was the last day of class. Got my sixth test and my lab grade back in physics. As long as I don't bomb on the exam I'm in good shape. Started cleaning out my desk at the studio. Dennis came to help me move my chair and drawing surface into the storage unit, but when we got there my lock was gone. I allegedly put it on the wrong door (I didn't) so it got cut off. Which was annoying and put me in a bad mood. But of course, Dennis doesn't like having Angry Meredith around, so he jumped in right away to bring Not-Angry Meredith back.
Which brings us to a downer. This time last month he was all psyched about getting an apartment and whatnot, and now we're facing the reality that he's not going to be able to come back to Starkville. Not even sure if he will come back after his suspension is over.
We've gotten too close to just say, "Well, it's been fun. Hope you find someone nice." Yeah, long distance relationships are tough, but they're not impossible. And I'm willing to deal with that if he is. We're still close enough that I can come down for a weekend or something occasionally, or he can come up if he has some time off of work.
I'm gonna go hit the Ben and Jerry's again ...

No comments: