Sunday, March 20, 2005

"Uno, dos, tres, catorce...the right math for rock 'n' roll."

Yo.
Well, as some or all of you now know, I've heard from Washington University and I've been waitlisted along with Katie Freeman. Translation: you're okay, but these other kids were better, so you're not rejected, we're just waiting to see if they decide to come here or not. We'll notify you if they bail.
So basically I'm holding out to see if someone who was accepted into the architecture department dies or goes somewhere else. And should one of the two happen, the financial aid thing comes into play again. No money, no go.
And how long might I be waiting? June 30. I'm sorry, but if it takes that long, I will have already declared Mississippi State (who have been quite generous with their money despite being the big sports school) or Clemson (who have a good chance of pulling their way back to the #1 spot, since they're a 4+2 program and I haven't gotten their financial aid information yet).
I've been pulling 2:30 to 4:00 rehearsals since Wednesday. One more tomorrow (might go to 5:00). Gonna run through the whole concert twice with all the components.
If I haven't filled the rant quotient yet, here's something else. I got word today that the administration has cut the number of tickets to our graduation in half. They previously told us twelve, so I got my list together to accommodate their first figure. No problem. Now we're only allowed six. That just covers my mom and dad, brothers, and grandparents. Emily might be playing in the band and not need a ticket. But yeah, some parents are already ticked off and will have a stern talk with Mr. Allen.
I'm afraid the stupid people are taking over the world.

No comments: