Thursday, September 15, 2005

Great, now I need to explode one of these joints...

Hey to everyone spread over the southeast and Maine. I hope you're all having a relatively stress-free week. This is my whining session.
Tuesday night I'm high on caffeine. In the studio everyone is being friendly - working on paraline drawings, studying for the physics test, buying snacks to raise funds for NOMAS - it's all cool. Except someone brought sushi and it smelled. Eww. Dennis dropped by for a little while and was amazed that it took me ten minutes to draw a square. Got a lot of work done despite the distractions.
4:00 rolls around and I finally go to sleep. Alarm is set for 6 so I can scan my notes before going to take the test.
8:52. Crap. I'm screwed.
Emailed the prof to explain why I missed the test. No sympathy for the exhausted architecture student. He even suggested that I withdraw from the course, but with my major, that would mean dropping out of the university for the rest of the year. Not happening. So I emailed him back saying that I can make a B in the class if I work really hard and to expect me at 8:00 Friday morning.
Take that, Baron von Jerkoff!
One of my studio friends offered to give me a wakeup call before that class for a while. Fair trade. I scan stuff for her with the HP, so it's all good.
And I have plenty of people in studio to study with. We're getting close. Good thing, too, since we'll be seeing a lot of each other for five years.
Anyway, Atlanta next week. Lots of drawing, lots of walking, hopefully not too much dealing with drunk people.
Cute nerd story: Dennis created a character in his Final Fantasy game and named it after me. I feel special.
I'll get a picture soon and show it to you guys. :)

1 comment:

Nicholas Bauer, PhD said...

Oooh :-( That sucks. Hopefully you'll prove him wrong. That's the thing about college... you have to take the test on or before the test date, and you need a really good reason to do so beforehand.