Saturday, September 04, 2004

Umm, why did I come here?

Right. Post.
Practiced last night. For a group that's only re-formed about a week ago, we're shaping up, although our new pianist is having headaches over the way the music is written. This could be crippling.
The new associate music minister was moving stuff into the back rooms and wandered through a couple of times during rehearsal. At one point he asked why we weren't doing Sunday night services, but when we asked for a critique, he said we sounded "rough." Ok, which aspect was rough? We need to know what to work on, darn it! I mean, we've got until the 19th to get this up to speed!
After that I came home and tried to resume the nap that was interrupted when I had to leave for the Warehouse.
It was nice being able to crash in the clothes I'd been wearing all day.
Rolled out of bed sometime around 10 this morning. Painted a little, cleaned up my room a (very) little, unpacked groceries, nothing particularly exciting. Oh, and I picked up the books we'll be reading in English.
Why am I hanging around the house on the first day of a three-day weekend? I have no idea. I have no life, apparently.
On a happier note, I tried making toffee bars using Miki's mom's recipe, and they turned out quite well. *Mmmmmmm...*
I'll share some with a few people, but most of them are staying here for my personal consumption.
Hopefully I'll get out some while there is freedom to be had. But for now I'll be happy munching on sweets and listening to "Clocks."

No comments: