Friday, August 26, 2005

Everyone bring your box cutters Friday, just in case the lecture starts to run long.

Another $75 sunk in art supplies. I wound up going to the Campus Book Mart. Can't find the Chalet, and frankly, I don't think it really exists.
Hoolay for Friday! I think we're going to put the charcoals down for a little while and start working with cardboard today. It'll be nice to be clean again.
All my books are in for Studio. It's really fun to get packages of any sort down here.
Lost my wireless connection in my room yesterday, and also managed to lock myself out. Dork. Cost me $5 to get back in. :P
Somber note: Thomas Caudill died earlier this week. He graduated from JCM back in the spring.

5 comments:

Heather said...

was he any relation to Paul Caudill?

Nicholas Bauer, PhD said...

$5 to get back in? That's a rip off! like it actually costs the college all that much to fix you up. How steep are the fees if you lose your key entirely? See, I think those fines are excessive, although justified... but per entry? bah

Heather said...

there's no fee if you lock yourself out here, but there's a $75 fee if you lose the key.

Nicholas Bauer, PhD said...

That's how it is at Bates, too.

Myself said...

H: Not sure. Possibly a cousin.
N: Cheaper for me than people with actual keys. Ruby is run by card scanners, so everyone uses their ID. And the doors auto-lock, making it far too easy to get locked out in the first place. We're screwed in the event of a major power failure. Dumb system, says I.